- Understand and be responsive to the impact of trauma.
- Basic needs are priority, check in on students holistically: we must Maslow before we can Bloom.
- Understand the difference between Learning Brain vs.Survival Brain.
- Establish class agreements with your students to address online learning values & expectations.
- Disclosure & confidentiality: set clear parameters around group sharing and reporting mandates.
- We are still mandatory reporters and must pay attention to the well being of students in their homes.
- Find a way to connect with every family in some way and offer community resources as needed.
“There is no more effective neurobiological intervention than a safe relationship.” -Bruce Perry