A framework for proactive community building, centering relationships and repairing harm. Regional professional development, coaching and community
of practice opportunities. Learn more and register!
Comprehensive classroom management strategies that emphasize influence over power with peer coaching as a key component of implementation.
Professional development, coaching, and community of practice opportunities.
BRYT (Bridges for Resilient Youth in Transition)
An intensive mental health and academic model to support some of our most vulnerable students. District specific professional development, consultation, coaching and communities of practice.
A comprehensive framework for creating, implementing and assessing a trauma-responsive classroom. Book study for graduate credit offered for BLPS educators this fall. Registration coming soon!
Partnering with schools and community organizations to promote family bonding and school engagement. Consultation, coaching, peer support and parenting education workshops.
School Social Workers
Lead coach Amber McGill will be supervising 3 Masters of Social Work Interns, 1 Bachelors of Social Work Intern, and 4 Clinical Social Work Candidates working in Bend & Redmond schools this year.
Your HDESD Culture of Care Coach Team serving Central
Oregon and beyond:
- Erin Taylor, NCSP (email@example.com)
- Amber McGill, LCSW, LSSW (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Amy Yillik, EdD (email@example.com)
We are grateful for the 3 years of funding from the Central Oregon Health Council that got this work off the ground! For the next 2 years our work is supported by the Wyden/Merkley Congressionally Directed Spending
Initiative of the Labor, Health and Human Services & Education Bill.
Grant Outcomes for 2022-2024:
- Offer 150 trauma-responsive, restorative and equity-centered professional development sessions for leadership, staff, families and community partners
- Engage 1,500 attendees in PD sessions
- Provide trauma-responsive, restorative and equity-centered coaching, collaboration & engagement to schools, districts and partners
- Supervise 10 School Social Workers in Central Oregon schools
- Develop 30 unique, responsive resources
- Facilitate 10 state and/or national workshops
- Provide 15 consultation & collaboration sessions with state and national partners.